Give these optional additions a try: sausage, ground beef, or bison with sauerkraut on the side.
Honey-Mustard Chicken and Veggies
Preparation Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 6 pastured chicken thighs
- 8–10 large carrots
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons Healthy Traditions raw honey, softened
- 1 tablespoon fermented soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tablespoon Vital Choice Grass-fed Beef Gelatin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 clove organic garlic, pressed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup boiling water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large Dutch oven, place chicken, carrots, and broccoli. In a small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except hot water. Whisk to combine, and then add hot water, stirring again. A smooth consistency is desired. Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables. Cover with a lid and bake for 50–60 minutes. Remove the lid and sprinkle with additional black pepper and turmeric, if desired. Broil for 5 minutes.
Marijah from Columbia, KY, won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your coconut recipes and photos here!