Sip your way to a happy place today!
Berry Up-Beet Smoothie
Servings: 5 cups
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh organic grass-fed cream
- 1/4 teaspoon beet juice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 2 tablespoons organic grass-fed whey protein
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 rounded tablespoon raw honey
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
Blend all ingredients except the coconut oil together until creamy and smooth. Add the coconut oil and blend again.
Marijah from Columbia, Kentucky, won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your recipes and photos here for a chance to win $50!
Matcha and Coconut Butter Truffles
- 1/2 cup softened Coconut Cream Concentrate
- 1/3 cup coconut cream (the solids from the top of full-fat coconut milk)*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons matcha tea powder
- 4 tablespoons honey
- dark chocolate and/or cocoa, for dipping and rolling
Pour the warmed Coconut Cream Concentrate into a medium bowl along with the coconut cream (This is the solid layer on top of coconut milk. Just scoop it off and leave the liquid layer behind).
Stir until blended. Add matcha and honey, tasting and adjusting to the level of sweetness you prefer.
Refrigerate the truffle filling for 15 minutes or until it is firm enough to roll into balls. Using your hands, roll the filling into small rounds, using about a tablespoon of filling per truffle. If you are going to dust them in cocoa, do this right after rolling, and then refrigerate the truffles. (I sifted some cocoa with a little powdered stevia and used that to roll half of the truffles.) If you want to dip them into dark chocolate, refrigerate for an hour after rolling so they will be firm enough to dip.
For chocolate-dipped truffles, break up your chocolate and heat gently in a double boiler or low flame until the chocolate is completely melted. Dip the truffles into the chocolate, and then place them on waxed paper to cool.
Makes about two dozen small truffles.
Recipe and photo submitted by Angela, Longmont, CO.