Try out this turmeric, black pepper honey for your next sweet craving!
Asian Pesto Sauce
Servings: 4 to 6
Preparation Time: under 10 minutes
- handful of cleaned mint, about 1/2 cup leaves
- handful of cleaned cilantro, about 1/2 cup leaves
- handful of cleaned basil, about 1/2 cup leaves
- 1 tablespoon coconut water vinegar, use two tablespoons if not using atchara
- 2 tablespoons atchara, optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- zest and juice of one lime
- quarter size of ginger, cleaned and finely chopped or 1/8 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 seeded hot pepper, optional
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash of hot sauce, optional
Clean herbs and place in blender. Add remaining ingredients and puree. Adjust seasoning for spice, if needed.
This sauce is great as a dip for grilled meats or veggies or mixed with mayonnaise for a sandwich spread.
Cheryl from Carbondale, Illinois, won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit yours here!
Almond, Coconut Spread
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk*
- 1/3–1/2 cup powdered sugar (You could also use honey or maple syrup, to taste.)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Cream Concentrate
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- dash of sea salt (Omit if using jarred almond butter with added salt.)
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend for a couple minutes.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. The spread will thicken up in the fridge.
Recipe and photo submitted by Kate, Highlands Ranch, CO.