Light-as-a-Feather Breakfast Muffins
- 1/3 cup Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup whole sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups flour or 1 cup regular flour and 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- shredded coconut (optional)
In a large mixing bowl, cream the oil, sugar, and egg. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture in increments, alternating with the milk.
Fill 8–10 greased muffin cups to about 2/3 full. Bake at 325 degrees for 20–25 minutes or just until golden. Let cool for 3 minutes.
While cooling, mix cinnamon and sugar and melt the butter. Roll the tops of the muffins in butter and then in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Sprinkle the shredded coconut on top, if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe submitted by: Shelly, Upland, IN.