Gluten-Free, Maple, Cinnamon, Plantain Cookies
Servings: 32–35 cookies
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 medium ripe plantain
- 1/4 cup Coconut Cream Concentrate
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (use powder if you are AIP)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 heaping teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (use mace if you are AIP)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- ground cinnamon to sprinkle on top
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Prepare 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Peel the plantain and process in it a food processor until smooth. Add all the other ingredients except the shredded coconut and process until smooth. Taste the batter to make sure it is sweet enough for you. Add the shredded coconut and just pulse until combined. Transfer the batter to a bowl.
Using a teaspoon, drop the batter onto the prepared cookie sheet leaving room to expand. Use all the cookie batter this way.
Place plastic wrap over the cookie sheets and flatten the cookies with a spatula (this helps them not stick).
Bake for about 18–20 minutes, or until the edges brown. Remove and let cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes, and then transfer to a rack to finish cooling.
Jill from Sayville, New York, won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your recipes and photos here!