Gluten-Free, Tropical, Pina-Coco-Nut Fruitcake
Servings: 12 small loaves and 6 muffins or 24–30 muffins
Preparation Time: 2 hours
- 1 1/2 cups organic apples, grated
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate (frozen)
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup flaked or shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons candied (with honey) orange rinds
- 1 cup dried pineapple chunks
- 4 cups mixed and diced dried fruits: raisins, mango, figs, bananas, apples, cherries, cranberries, pears,
Mix everything together thoroughly and press firmly into the molds.
Bake at 325 degrees F for 25–40 minutes, depending on whether loaves or muffins are selected. Watch carefully.
Remove from the oven and allow to fully cool before removing from the molds. Enjoy with cold milk.
Diane from Hubert, North Carolina, won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your recipes and photos here for a chance to win $50!