Try this spin on a classic favorite!
Grass-Fed Beef Spaghetti
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper
Italian seasoning (optional)
30 ounces tomato sauce (seasoned or unseasoned)
12–16 ounces spaghetti noodles
Parmesan cheese, grated
Heat oils in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Sauté until the onions are soft. Add beef and sauté until beef is mostly cooked but still pink.
Add seasonings and tomato sauce. Simmer over low heat for 30–60 minutes.
Cook the noodles according to package instructions. Serve with a giant spoonful of meat sauce and a generous helping of Parmesan!
To make this recipe gluten-free and/or dairy-free, use your favorite GF pasta and omit or use your favorite dairy-free cheese.
Einkorn Pasta with Veggies in Creamy Coconut Milk
Preparation Time: 7 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked einkorn whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup diced organic red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup organic diced tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped (1-inch size) organic French beans
- 1/8 teaspoon organic turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon organic cayenne pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk made from dried coconut flakes* or Coconut Cream Concentrate
Cook penne pasta according to directions on the package.
In a pan, heat coconut oil on medium heat. When the oil is hot, add chopped garlic. Stir. When the garlic turns slightly brown, add chopped onion and sauté until the onion is translucent. Next, add the chopped red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, tomato, and salt.
Cover and let it cook. Check intermittently. Stir as necessary. Once the vegetables are cooked, add turmeric and cayenne pepper. Stir well. Add coconut milk, mix well, and turn off the heat. Serve over cooked pasta. Alternately, after adding the coconut milk, add the cooked pasta. Stir well and serve hot.
Sheetal from Foster City, CA, just won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit yours here.