Preparation Time: 40–45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced small
- 1 large or 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into half moons
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups jarred or canned organic diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups mini cheese ravioli (regular or gluten free)
Heat the oil over medium heat in a large soup pot. Add the onions, carrots, and zucchini. Sauté until the vegetables are softened, 8–10 minutes.
Mix in the basil, oregano, garlic, red pepper, salt, and pepper, and stir 1–2 minutes to release their flavors. Stir in the diced tomatoes, Parmesan, broth, and water. Bring to a boil.
Add the mini raviolis and bring the soup back up to boiling. Reduce the heat to medium, and simmer until the ravioli is completely cooked through, 15–18 minutes (or according to package directions).
Adjust the salt and pepper, if needed, and serve garnished with extra Parmesan cheese.
Stephanie from Rio Rancho, New Mexico, won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your recipes and photos here!